Choosing the right personal injury attorney Jacksonville is a very important decision. To begin with you need to ensure you can feel comfortable with and get along with the lawyer. One of the best ways to do this is to schedule face-to-face consultations or interviews. In the interview you need to be prepared with the right questions.
The initial interview or consultation is the perfect time to assess the strategies and personality of the lawyer. Even though most of the law firms or lawyers provide initial consultations for free, it is important to keep in mind that not all the firms do.
Things To Bring With For Your First Consultation:
– Notes associated with your accident
– A list of relevant questions
– Medical reports linked to the case
– Police reports when applicable (auto accidents)
– Any photos that were taken at the scene of the accident or photos of the injuries you sustained
– The contact details of any witnesses at the accident that are prepared to testify on your behalf
Questions To Ask
You will probably have many questions that you would like to ask. Avoid working with a personal injury attorney Jacksonville that belittles the questions you ask or ignores any of your concerns. Any lawyer that you interview should be able to answer your questions in a language that is easy-to-understand.
Some important questions you should be asking each lawyer include:
– What type of experience do you currently have in personal injury laws?
– Do you think my case can be settled out of court?
– If my case does end up in court, are you prepared to represent me? (not every lawyer is comfortable to appear in the courtrooms)
– Will you personally handle my case? (this question is relevant when there are a number of attorneys working for the same firm).